November 2023 Market Report

Three quick thoughts for November based on the Mover’s Moving Index. First, I don’t count existing home portfolio/investor transactions in the Index. Rather, I look at builder and developer activity as a harbinger of overall activity. Th...

October 2023 Market Report

“It’s slow out there. This is a natural consequence of our economic times, and it draws a sharp eye to the role finance plays in our industry. I attended an event in October full of industry folks from around the country. The prevailing sentim...

August 2023 Market Report

Late summer means . . . single family completions! Our Mover’s Moving Index hit 214 last month, half of which was three local volume builders finishing and selling homes in August....

July 2023 Market Report

Inventory remains very tight, which, when combined with high mortgage rates, keeps prices from falling much. Our Mover’s Moving Index hit 194 in July. That’s a pretty m...

June 2023 Market Report

Summertime. It’s hot out. I’ll be brief. Our Mover’s Moving Index posted a decent 215 in June. But get this, 48% of that was three volume builders. The other 52% was spread among 30 parties.

May 2023 Market Report

It’s been a while since I mentioned the multifamily market in Lubbock. Effective Rents per SF are up 4.8% YoY, hitting $1.09 in May. The permits for new units this year have dropped significantly, but building continues on units permitted ...

April 2023 Market Update

It’s been a while since I pointed to one of my favorite econ blogs. Fortunately, Calculated Risk gave me an excuse by posted a two 

March 2023 Market Report

I saw today a chart showing that Fed watchers are moving their predictions of when we might expec...

February 2023 Market Report

First, it was supply-chain issues; think concrete, lumber, windows, and appliances. Then the recent 

Your Name *

Your Email *


Your Message *

English Spanish